Waugh Agency, LLC is pleased to announce that agency owner Matt Waugh recently achieved the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) Certified Consumer Directed Health Care Professional accreditation.
This accreditation assures business owners that Waugh Agency understands the technical components of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), and Section 125 plans. We are prepared to counsel you on new health care options in the fast-evolving, sophisticated space of CDHC.
What expenses are eligible for tax-free distributions from my Health Savings Account?
- Your financial responsibility for medical services covered by your health plan
- Other medically necessary services that your health plan may not cover
- Prescription drugs
- Insulin and diabetic supplies
- Over-the-counter medical supplies and equipment
- Over-the-counter drugs and medicines (only with a valid prescription)
- Health insurance premiums when you continue coverage through COBRA or are collecting federal or state unemployment insurance
- Medicare premiums (Parts B, C and D) if you are age 65 or older (but not for Medigap insurance premiums)
- Employer-based retiree health insurance premiums if you are age 65 or older
- Long-term care insurance premiums, subject to certain limitations